Two days ago was my seventh year in the UAE! Who would’ve thought I’d stay this long? I have seen how this little country grew over the past few years and boy, did it boom as one of the best, IMO, in the world that I don’t want to ever leave.
A couple of months back, I had a chat over dinner with my friends from church. They delivered a somewhat shocking news – both of them will be leaving Dubai for good! *insert crying emoji here* That dinner could be the last time we’ll be seeing each other ever. *knocks on wood* And that means I will be the only one left here in Dubai (in our small group) and it kind of got me thinking of the what-ifs when my turn to go finally comes.
For sure, I am not ready to leave Dubai just as yet, or the UAE for that matter. But just in case that day comes, here is a short list of things I wish I have fully ticked off before I go. I hope to not cram fulfilling this list so I’d probably do what I can do and afford for now, lol. Most of these are quite touristy, and not to mention, a bit costly – a reason why they’ve been on hold for the last seven years. :p
1. A fancy dinner in Burj Khalifa, overlooking the city
2. One of these – bungee jump, sky dive above the Palm or hot air balloon in RAK. Most probably it’s the balloon ride because for now, I have lost the courage to fly haha
3. A night stay (at least!) in Banyan Tree Al Wadi in Ras al Khaimah
4. Stay in a hotel/camp within the desert, best if there’s an Arabian wildlife involved *cough*Qasr Al Sarab*cough*
5. Dune bashing in Rub Al Khali
6. See all the new art museums in Abu Dhabi – The Louvre, Guggenheim and Zayed National Museum. I guess I have to wait for them to be fully operational before I go!
7. Go to Ski Dubai
8. Ride an Arabian horse!
9. Full moon drumming
So, how about you – do you have anything you wanna do before leaving the UAE?